May 5, 2018
Address9501 Thunder Rd. Fort Myers, FL View map
PRE-REGISTRATION IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AS SPACE IS LIMITED
The race will consist of three parts:
– Judging of Beds (for costume and design)
– Bed Races
Business, clubs, organizations and individuals (friends/family) may participate. A business, club, organizaion, or individuals may have more than one bed entered.
Teams must submit the $100.00 non-refundable entry fee with registration. Entry form and all signed waivers must be turned in no later than May 2, 2018.
Teams consist of 3-5 members. 2-4 pushers and 1 rider.
Race T-shirts will be provided for Team Captains. Additional shirts may be purchased for $10.00 each during the registration process or the day of the event.
– All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
– Rider must wear a helmet (team must supply own helmet).
– No other means of propulsion is permitted.
– All pushers have one hand on bed at all times.
– Alternates may be used at discretion of team (alternates must sign waiver form).
– Races will consist of heats of two beds each, will be 100 yards in distance.
– Winners of each heat will go on to next round.
– All beds must be firmly constructed so no parts come off during race.
– No person may be a member of more than one team.
– All participants must wear closed toe shoes.
– Teams are not to interfere or impede the progress of an opposing team.
– Teams must remove bed and all pieces at end of event.
– Bed must be a minimum of 2.5 feet wide by 5 feet long. Bed design is at team’s discretion.
– Push bars or handles are allowed (no jagged or sharp edges). Push bars must not exceed 24 inches from the frame. They can be on front and rear or just on the rear.
– Beds must have 4 wheels; all 4 wheels must be in contact with the ground at all times. Size of wheels at team’s discretion.
– No mechanical or motorized means can be used, only the pushing power of 4 runners. Steering mechanisms may be used.
– All beds must be firmly constructed so that no parts will come off during race.
– Teams and racers are encouraged to dress in the cancer color they are supporting or decorate their bed in the cancer color they are supporting (see attached cancer color chart). Beds/Costumes will be judged.
Awards (All winning team members receive awards)
Bed Race Winners
Bed /Costume Designer Winner
Team Fund Raising Award – One Winning Team
Teams are encouraged to solicit their families and friends for donations showing support of their team. The team raising the most funds ($$) will win award. All funds raised will support cancer research, education, patient assistance, screenings and awareness programs.
Decisions by Judges and Race officials are final.